Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Day 12 - Yosemite

Driving north today, through Yosemite National Park.  Of course we had to have some road construction along the way!  Only about 10 minute wait this time.


There was a history museum soon after I entered the park.  It was actually a collection of various horse drawn wagons ranging from laundry carts to chuck wagons to livery wagons and people coaches.  There were also a number of buildings that had been on the park property and were moved to this area for preservation.  The included a Wells Fargo station and a covered bridge.



The views are quite majestic with the incredibly large rock formations.  I took a few pics although better ones are online.





Even in the park there was the obligatory road work...

More driving north into Oregon tomorrow. I will get as far as Klamath Falls which sets up the final drive into Bandon on the 28th with a drive through the Crater Lake area.  There is a Lava Fields National Monument along tomorrows route that should be interesting.  I saw lava fields in Oregon on the 2017 drive as well. 







1 comment:

  1. hahaha we have lava fields here too, brand new/happening now ones also!
    When I went on summer road trips with my mom in the RV I couldn't believe how much road work was going on EVERYWHERE! guess they need to do it while the weather is good...

    ReplyDelete